Cyprus Winter Cup 2023
- Feb 25, 2023
- Limassol, Cyprus
Kόλλα (Old Coca-Cola Factory)
- Franklin Roosevelt 45, Limassol, Cyprus
The second building on the left side of the entrance.
- Michael Eleftheriades, Mihai Căpăţinescu, and Shamil Magomedov
- WCA Delegates
- Michael Eleftheriades, Mihai Căpăţinescu, Mihai Soare, and Shamil Magomedov
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is €30 (Euro).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Ben Baron won with an average of 7.66 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Panayiotis Isaia finished second (9.34) and Michalis Papakyriakou finished third (9.41).
|3x3x3 Cube||Ben Baron||6.67||7.66||Israel||6.67||7.60||8.20||7.73||7.64|
|2x2x2 Cube||Ben Baron||1.07||2.36||Israel||3.75||2.29||2.62||1.07||2.16|
|5x5x5 Cube||Ben Baron||52.82||59.45||Israel||52.82||55.45||1:00.78||1:02.12||1:02.45|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Ben Baron||9.39||11.59||Israel||9.39||11.04||15.81||11.95||11.79|
|Clock||Patrick Drew Dwyer||5.91||7.85||United Kingdom||8.26||DNF||7.30||5.91||8.00|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||4:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||7:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Old Coca-Cola Factory.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Nicosia.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (February 25, 2023)
The competition will be held in the Kόλλα (Old Coca-Cola Factory), Limassol (about 40 minutes to drive from Larnaca International Airport and 60 minutes from Paphos International Airport).
Franklin Roosevelt 45, Limassol, Cyprus
- Only Cyprus 🇨🇾 citizens or those who constantly live in Cyprus (supporting documents are needed) are eligible to main prizes. Read more in Prizes tab.
- Only Cyprus 🇨🇾 citizens are eligible to win titles.
- The registration will be approved only after paying.
- According to Regulation 2e), all newcomers are required to bring some form of identification document that shows name, citizenship and date of birth.
- Every competitor should have read the official WCA regulations at least once before attending the competition! In addition, a more condensed version of the important regulations can be found at the WCA Competition Tutorial.
- While blindfolded events are happening in the main hall, there must be complete silence.
- No flash photography is allowed.
- All spectators must remain at least 1.5 meters away from every solving station.
- When a round is in progress, then all competitors in the current group must wait in the competitor waiting area, until they get called up to solve.
- You are not allowed to talk about the scrambles until the round is done! Otherwise, you might get disqualified.
- All competitors are required to help with scrambling and judging.
- Don't be afraid: there will also be time to test the equipment (for example the official timing device, the Stackmat timer) and discuss the rules if you have questions at the competition.
- If you have questions before the competition, please feel free to contact the competition organizers at email@example.com
Highly recommended video for newcomers:
We have 100 prizes ready for you!
General prize sponsor:
Winter Cup 2023 Winner will be the best Cyprus citizen of the 3x3x3 Final round.
The prizes will be distributed as follows:
Kinch ranking: 1st place - 15th place (Cyprus residents)
Kinch ranking: Top 10 non-Cyprus cubers
Kinch ranking: Top 3 female cubers (Any country)
5 youngest cubers (Any country)
Best judge (Any country)
Best runner (Any country)
Special prize for breaking WCA 3x3x3 Cyprus National Record (average or single)
More detalis on Kinch ranking here.
All WCA events podium winners will get certificates. Top 3 Cyprus winner in every event will get medals.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.