Gem City 2022
- Jan 9, 2022
- Dayton, Ohio, United States
Hindu Temple of Dayton
- 2615 Temple Ln, Beavercreek, OH 45431
Competition is through the back entrance.
- Aryan Paliwal and Harsha Paladugu
- WCA Delegates
- Arthur Adams and Zachary Garber
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Registration has been postponed to December 12th, 8 PM EST due to an issue with Stripe payment.
This competition will be taking place inside a Hindu Temple. No outside food is to be brought onto the premises.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 70 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $23 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Luke Garrett||6.12||6.33||United States||6.15||6.33||7.35||6.50||6.12|
|2x2x2 Cube||Zayn Khanani||0.99||1.26||United States||0.99||1.92||1.45||0.99||1.35|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Brian Johnson||9.79||10.62||United States||9.79||10.52||11.23||10.11||12.77|
|Pyraminx||Simon Kellum||1.24||1.79||WR||United States||1.24||1.67||1.59||2.10||3.20|
|Skewb||Zayn Khanani||1.91||2.52||United States||2.35||2.98||2.24||3.31||1.91|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Hindu Temple of Dayton.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Schedule for Sunday (January 09, 2022)
To ensure the safety of all competitors and guests, the following precautions will be taken. These are in addition to any state and local recommendations and follow the current recommendations and guidelines of the WCA.
- Competitors are strongly recommended to have at most one guest accompanying them while in the venue. No external spectators are allowed at this time; only those coming with a confirmed competitor will be allowed in the venue.
- Competitors and their guests must each provide either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test conducted before the competition date. We will have a check at the door for proof of vaccination and/or negative tests. To clarify, an individual is only considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or their only dose of a single-dose vaccine (J&J) more than two weeks before the competition. Any dose received after Sunday, December 26th is insufficient for entrance to the competition. A negative test for COVID-19 must be initiated within 96 hours (4 days) of the competition. This means that any test conducted prior to Wednesday, January 5 will be insufficient for entrance to the competition.
- Proof of a negative test may either come from documentation of a test performed at a medical facility or an at-home that has a verification process, for example (1) a test performed in conjunction with a tele-health visit supervision or (2) an at-home test that pairs with an app to verify a result.
- All competitors and guests must wear masks at all times. If you do not have one, masks will be provided at the door. If possible, KN95 or N95-style masks are also recommended to provide additional protection against transmission.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations around the venue. Prior to competing, competitors must use hand sanitizer and wipe their puzzles using a sanitizing wipe, which will be provided at the competitor waiting area.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, we ask that you stay home.
- If possible, we ask that competitors bring their own pens for writing/signing results.
- By registering for the competition, you agree to abide by the above requests.
We really appreciate your understanding on these additional requirements! We are excited to have competitions in the area again.
The venue is located in the back of the Temple. When pulling into the area, continue around the temple to the back parking lot; there you can see the venue and the entrance.
Due to this competition taking place inside of a Hindu temple, no meat products may be brought onto the property.
We ask that all competitors eat lunch away from the venue. There are many resteraunts and fast food places close to the venue to choose from. Additionally, coffee, snacks, and drinks will be provided for free throughout the competition.
This competition is sponsored by TheCubicle.com, CoolCubeMerch.com, and Dunkin' Donuts! Huge thanks to all of them for their support.
Organized by competitor: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q195uS_xs55_NJlPdLeuz0a6lIZchfsZ/view?usp=sharing
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.