MathSoc Open 2018
- Jan 27 - 28, 2018
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
St. Stephen’s College, Delhi
- University Enclave, Near Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station, New Delhi-110007
- MathSoc Open 2018 website
- Organization team
- Capital Cubing and The Mathematics Society, St. Stephen's College
- WCA Delegate
- Akash Rupela
Online Registration ends on 20th January.
On the Spot Registration is available between 1:30 and 2:00 P.M. on 27th January (for all events) and 9:30-10:00 A.M. on 28th January (for events on 28th January).
Visit registration procedure tab for details.
- Main event
|3x3x3 Cube||Aryan Chhabra||7.53||8.67||India||8.55||9.12||7.53||8.34||9.87|
|2x2x2 Cube||Arnav Arora||1.16||1.81||NR||India||1.45||2.33||1.16||2.07||1.90|
|4x4x4 Cube||Aryan Chhabra||33.12||35.89||India||48.16||34.48||34.59||33.12||38.60|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Shivam Bansal||26.20||27.97||India||27.92||26.20||29.79|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Arnav Arora||13.42||14.05||India||15.51||13.90||13.96||14.28||13.42|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Shivam Bansal||43/46 58:52||AsR||India||43/46 58:52||27/50 1:00:00|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo2||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
Fee Structure (Online Registration)
A base fees of INR 200 and additional fees of INR 50 per event is applicable.
For example, if you do 4 events, your fees is 200 + (4 x 50 )= INR 400
Registration for students of St. Stephen's College is free. (not valid on on the spot registration)
Steps to Register
- Register on the WCA website. (LINK)
- Pay the registration fee through Cubelelo (LINK)
- If you are a student of St. Stephen's College, fill this form (LINK). You don't need to pay any fees
- Wait upto 48 hours for your name to appear in list of registered participants. (LINK)
- Online Registration closes on 20th January, 2018.
On the Spot Registration
- This will be available from 1:30 to 2:00 P.M. on 27th January (Saturday) and 9:30 to 10:00 A.M. on 28th January (Sunday)
- If you register on Sunday, you will not be eligible for events that happened on saturday.
- A base fees of INR 300 and additional fees of INR 50 per event is applicable. (i.e. INR 100 more than online fees)
1) This schedule is tentative and can be modified by organisers in unexpected circumstances. Make sure to pay attention to announcements during the competition.
2) In events with Avg of 5 format, any of the first two solves should be below the cutoff time for the competitor to get all five solves otherwise the competitor gets only 2 solves. In case of Mean of 3 format the first solve should be below the cutoff time.
3) After the time limit is crossed, the attempt is stopped and is awarded “DNF” [Did Not Finish].
4) All new competitors must reach the venue by 9:30 A.M. on Day 2 to attend the Introduction Session which is compulsory for all new competitors
5) Default time limit is of 10:00 i.e. Ten minutes.
CARRYING ID CARDS:
In order to enter the college you will need to show your ID card, make sure that you are carrying your ID card on both days of the competition.
Each and every competitor should be aware of the WCA Regulations and should abide by them during the course of the competition. Regulations can be found here.
REACHING THE VENUE:
The nearest metro station to the venue is Vishwavidyalaya on yellow line. You have to take a rickshaw to the competition venue which will drop you at the main gate of college. There will be a person at the gate and also signs throughout the path guiding you to the venue i.e. Seminar Room.
The Kamla Nagar Market is near to the venue. It consists of many food popular food outlets. You can also order from online portals and collect if from the main gate of the college. Please note that there is no time allotted for Lunch on Day 1, so make sure to have your Lunch before the competition, so that you don't miss out on any of your events on Day 1.
Results will be updated simultaneously as the event proceeds and can be checked on Cubecomps.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.