Race the Clock 2017
- Dec 31, 2017
- Roseville, Minnesota, United States
- 2180 North Hamline Ave, Roseville, MN 55113
Go through the main entrance and the "Community Meeting room" is on the right.
- Organization team
- Kristin Wiley
- WCA Delegate
- Walker Welch
3x3 Round 2 will be a 24 person Head-to-Head best of 1 round.
Please read the "Head-to-Head" tab to see more information.
The competition is FREE for all competitiors. The online registration fee is $5 but is only a holder to ensure your spot in the competition. You can request the registration fee back at the competition by talking to Walker Welch. If you are having trouble paying, then email us to get everything sorted out.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Kennan LeJeune won with an average of 8.37 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. David Nguyen finished second (10.13) and Melissa Su finished third (10.47).
|3x3x3 Cube||Kennan LeJeune||7.60||8.37||United States||7.60||8.24||8.88||7.99||9.13|
|Clock||Joshua Feran||5.99||7.76||United States||8.48||9.89||6.98||7.82||5.99|
|Megaminx||Melissa Su||55.79||58.68||United States||59.03||1:12.83||1:01.18||55.82||55.79|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Walker Welch||4/4 32:18||United States||4/4 32:18|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Bo1||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
|Time||Event||# of competitors advance|
|12:00 - 12:20||Library Opens/ Setup/ Short Tutorial|
|12:20 - 1:20||3x3 Round 1||24 Competitors to Round 2|
|1:20 - 2:00||Megaminx Combined|
|2:00 - 2:45||3x3 Round 2 Head-to-Head (Best of 1)||12 Competitors to Finals|
|2:45 - 3:15||Clock Combined|
|3:15 - 3:45||3x3 Final / Awards|
|3:45 - 4:45||MBLD|
Tentative: Feet or Clock Round 2
|3x3||3 (Round 2 is Best of 1)||10 minute Time Limit|
|Clock||1 (Tentative 2nd Round)||0:30 cutoff / 2 minute Time Limit|
|Mega||Combined Final||2:30 cutoff / 4 minute Time Limit|
|Feet||Tentative Combined Final||TBA|
|Multi-Blind||Final||1 Hour Time Limit|
3x3 Round 2 will be a Head-to-Head round that is officially Best of 1, but unofficially a Bracket Tournament with some competitors doing multiple solves. The round is a single elimination Tournament where you will get matched up with another competitor where you will solve at the same time. Whoever has the fastest single out of the two competitors will advance into the tournament and get matched up with the next person in the bracket. This will go on until there is only 1 competitor left as the winner of the Head-to-Head Tournament.
Some more details:
- The Head-to-Head round will be a Bracket with the top 24 competitors from 3x3 round 1 making it into the Head-to-Head round.
- The first solve you compete in for the tournament will be the official solve for the 3x3 Round 2 - best of 1. Your solve will be officially ranked against all competitors first solve in the tournament which will decide the top-12 competitors who will advance into 3x3 Round 3.
- The top 8 competitors from Round 1 will get a first round bye and automatically advance into the next solve for the Tournament.
- The top 8 competitors with a bye in the tournament will also do the same official solve as all other round 2 competitors by being matched up with another competitor in the top 8. These matchups will still lead to both competitors advancing in the tournament, but the solve will influence the round 2 official ranking.
You can look at the link below to see the full bracket layout.
Race the Clock 2017 Bracket
Thank you speedcubeshop for providing giftcards to the winners!
Dunne Brothers coffee will be open and is easily located within the library.
|Austin Brandon Begnaud||2||1|
|Bjorn D Lucas||2|
|John Joohwan Hong||4|
|Noah B Garbow||2|
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.