Rocky Top 2021
- Dec 4 - 5, 2021
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
- 1870 Sports World Blvd Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Jacob Ambrose
- WCA Delegates
- Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Raymond Goslow, Zachary Ochs, and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Please review the Competitor Information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 96 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus processing fees.
Due to COVID-19, we will not be accepting event changes during the competition. If you wish to change which events you are registered for, please contact the organization team prior to the deadline to update your registered events.
Staff members will have a refunded registration fee. All staff members must pay the registration fee in order to be considered registered. After the competition, staff members will recieve a refund.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Luke Garrett||5.99||6.16||United States||6.13||5.99||6.23||6.55||6.12|
|2x2x2 Cube||Zayn Khanani||0.75||1.60||United States||0.98||1.59||0.75||2.22||2.25|
|4x4x4 Cube||Katie Hull||26.15||29.23||United States||29.30||31.27||26.15||30.74||27.65|
|6x6x6 Cube||Zachary White||1:40.75||1:44.94||United States||1:40.75||1:45.51||1:48.56|
|7x7x7 Cube||Zachary White||2:31.22||2:32.79||United States||2:31.22||2:35.52||2:31.63|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Hassan Khanani||1:01.45||DNF||United States||1:01.45||2:32.29||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Eli Parker||10.24||11.10||United States||10.99||13.18||11.28||11.03||10.24|
|Clock||Daniel Mullen||5.34||6.37||United States||5.83||6.99||6.79||6.49||5.34|
|Megaminx||Jared Stinson||35.26||42.83||United States||45.44||43.48||35.26||39.56||50.54|
|Pyraminx||Hillary Yang||2.18||2.80||United States||2.85||2.68||2.18||5.02||2.88|
|Skewb||Zayn Khanani||1.76||2.34||United States||1.82||2.50||3.85||1.76||2.69|
|Square-1||Benjamin Gottschalk||6.47||7.28||United States||10.22||7.05||6.53||8.27||6.47|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 36 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||6:00.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 28 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Rocky Top Sports World.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (December 04, 2021)
Schedule for Sunday (December 05, 2021)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates for this competition are Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Raymond Goslow, Zachary Ochs and Zachary White. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction. If you won't be there then please ask a staff member whenever you arrive to give you a rundown of how the competing process will work.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into WCA Live (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
We will be following all guidance and requirements set by the WCA Competition Safety Policy unless explicitly mentioned here.
- All attendees are strongly recommended to wear a mask in the venue.
Here are some important policies and procedure changes, please read the WCA Competition Safety Policy for a complete list of all changes in the holding of competitions:
- On both days, competitors will have the same judge for the entire round. They will stay seated at the solving station for all attempts in a round. There will not be a Competitor Waiting Area.
- Sanitize or wash you hands upon entering the venue and often while at the venue. We will provide hand sanitizer, masks, and disinfecting wipes available to everyone in attendance.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. or have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, you should not attend this competition.
Infractions of the above policies may result in dismissal from the competition and removal from the venue, at the discretion of the WCA Delegate.
BY REGISTERING, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE POLICIES
Rocky Top Sports World
1870 Sports World Blvd
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
The competition will be held in The Rock.
We will be using 2 of the basketball courts in the main gym.
Parking is $5.00 a day per car. It is conveniently located near the building. Attendants will point you in the correct direction.
We will post links to book hotels or cabins on this page!
Using this link will help the competition! Please book early as it's a busy weekend in Gatlinburg.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.