Shaastra Cube Open 2018
- Jan 6 - 7, 2018
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Community Hall, Indian institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Organization team
- Shaastra Cube Open Team
- WCA Delegates
- Hari Anirudh and Shubhayan Kabir
Please read the instructions on the Payment Tab thoroughly before registering.
All competitors must be aware of the WCA regulations.
There won't be any "On the Spot" Registrations available at the Venue on the competition days.
Check the schedule tab for the competition Schedule.
For more information, go to shaastra.org
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Vijay Kishore won with an average of 8.11 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Anish Rajesh finished second (9.67) and Santosh Naranapatty finished third (9.92).
|3x3x3 Cube||Vijay Kishore||7.18||8.11||India||12.16||9.43||7.27||7.64||7.18|
|2x2x2 Cube||Ramesh Vidyasagar||1.64||2.41||Australia||1.83||2.61||1.64||3.07||2.79|
|4x4x4 Cube||Anish Rajesh||30.50||34.62||India||36.66||34.71||30.50||32.50||38.78|
|5x5x5 Cube||Anish Rajesh||52.30||NR||57.25||India||55.19||52.30||55.45||1:01.11||1:04.23|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Hari Anirudh||34.79||DNF||India||DNF||DNF||34.79|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Kunaal Parekh||13.94||15.15||India||20.24||13.94||14.55||16.69||14.20|
|Pyraminx||Joshua Koilpillai||2.63||2.95||United States||3.57||3.22||2.75||2.63||2.89|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:15.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
*Registration: All participants must collect their Shaastra passports at the venue. Please do this before your first event starts.
1) The Schedule and the Cutoffs/Timelimits are subject to change at the discretion of the WCA Delegate after public notification
2) In events with Avg of 5 format, any of the first two solves should be below the cutoff time for the competitor to get all five solves otherwise the competitor gets only 2 solves. In case of Mean of 3 format the first solve should be below the cutoff time.
3) After the time limit is crossed, the attempt is stopped and is awarded “DNF” [Did Not Finish].
4) 3x3 Blindfolded and Sq-1 participants must reach the venue on Day 1 before 8:30 A.M. otherwise they may not be allowed to do their solves.
|Pyraminx||20 seconds||1 minute|
|Clock||1 minute||2 minutes|
|3x3 One Handed||45 seconds||1:30|
|2x2x2||20 seconds||10 minutes|
|3x3 BLD||-||25 minutes(cumulative for 3 attempts)|
DAY 1(6th Jan)
|09:00-09:30||3x3x3 BLD Round 1|
|10:00-10:15||3x3x3 BLD Finals|
|10:15-11:00||Clock Round 1|
|11:30-12:30||5x5x5 Round 1|
|14:00-15:00||4x4x4 Round 1|
|15:00-16:00||3x3x3 OH Round 1|
|17:00-18:00||Pyraminx Round 1|
DAY 2(7th Jan)
|10:00-12:30||3x3x3 Round 1|
|13:30-14:00||3x3x3 OH Finals|
|14:00-15:15||2x2x2 Round 1|
|15:45-16:30||3x3x3 Round 2|
250 for one event and +50 for any successive event.
Minimum Amount: 250 , Maximum Amount: 700 (per ticket)
1 Event = 250
2 Events = 300
3 Events = 350
4 Events = 400
5 Events = 450
6 Events = 500
7 Events = 550
8 Events = 600
9 Events = 650
10 Events = 700
A) Pay the registration fees:
Please do the payment of each participant separately.
B) Register on WCA:
1) It is mandatory to pay the registration fees and also register on WCA to complete the full registration process.
2) It may take a day or 2 for your name to reflect on competitors list on WCA.
4) Online registrations end on 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:59pm IST.
Official sponsor for the event is Cubelelo.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.