The WCA Marketing Team (WMT) is seeking members to help in the following areas:
- WCA Gear Team (US residents only)
- Graphic design for WCA merchandise and other projects (open for all graphic designers)
- Acquiring sponsorship and merchandising
The application is open to all WCA members. Potential applicants do not have to hold a current position to be considered.
What does the WMT do?
- Coordinates with Speed Stacks to manage and distribute WCA competition gear.
- Launches WCA merchandise in regions all over the world.
- Works on free downloadable templates for organisers and delegates that increase WCA's branding at competitions.
- Works on acquiring sponsorship for the WCA.
- Works and assists organisers around the world with sponsorships and maintaining the WCA brand in their region.
The official rights and duties of the WMT are documented in WCA Motion 10.2018.1.
Characteristics we are looking for:
- Communication skills and email ethics: You should be able to write a professional, concise email to answer delegate/client questions.
- Patience: You should keep friendly communications within our email and internal interactions.
Requirements for WMT members in general:
- Familiarity with marketing professionally or out of interest.
- Familiarity in dealing with merchandising/sponsorships/vendor management.
- Time commitment per week of 5-10 hours.
- FOR GRAPHICS APPLICANTS: Must be familiar with Adobe Illustrator or equivalent programs
Platforms we communicate on:
- Email for all official communication
- Slack for internal discussions
- Zoom/Hangouts for meetings
- Trello for managing gear team orders
Additional information for WMT Gear Team members:
- Open for US residents only
- Distribution of competition equipment is one of the most important tasks since we have to ensure that delegates around the world are well equipped with equipment for their competition. Due to restrictions on international shipping, US members need to be willing to receive the package and repost it on behalf of the WMT Gear Team.
- Primary tasks involve receiving equipment orders, re-pack the equipment for international shipping, and make routine trips to the post office.
Applications should be sent to Somya Srivastava (email@example.com) from now until April 27, 2020, 23:59 UTC to be considered.
The application must be in PDF format, and should include the following:
- A brief personal introduction
- A description of any previous involvement with the WCA
- Motivation for applying to the WMT
- The specific team they would like to work in within the WMT
Anyone with questions about the positions or applying can contact Somya Srivastava (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your interest and support!